Source: "Family Fun Magazine" April, 1996
MAKING MATZOH BALL SOUP: A Passover Delicacy By Mollie Katzen
1. Ask the chef to break the eggs into a medium-size bowl. Beat the eggs lightly with a whisk.
2. Sprinkle in the 1/2 cup matzoh meal, salt and parsley.
3. Stir the batter with the whisk. If the mixture becomes too thick, switch to a wooden spoon. Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Dust hands with extra matzoh meal and sprinkle a little onto a dinner plate. Pick up fingerfuls of the batter and roll them into 1-inch balls. Place the finished balls on the dusted plate.
5. Simmer the water over low heat. Gently drop the matzoh balls into the water, one by one. Partially cover the pot and keep the water bub- bling. Cook for 40 minutes.
6. Heat the chicken or vegetable broth. Remove the matzoh balls from the water with a slotted spoon and transfer to serving bowls. Ladle the hot broth on top.
7. Serve the soup with matzoh.
Jeff's Notes: I find it refreshing to see an article of this type in a family-oriented magazine. The recipe itself may not be gourmet quality, but it does expose children and families of all backgrounds to our cooking.